Keeping your baby safe while sleeping is of paramount importance. Swaddling is a useful way to help your baby settle & sleep on their back.
The SWADDLE UP™ by LOVE TO DREAM™ allows you to more safely swaddle your baby*
Without risk of any loose fabric unravelling during sleep time
With their arms UP which may impede involuntary rolling
With room to sleep in the correct position with legs flexed in the 'frog' position
With room to move their hips & legs
In a single layer of breathable fabric to reduce the risk of overheating
There are a few simple steps to remember when helping to settle and get your baby to sleep.
How To Help Your Baby To Sleep Safely:
SOURCE: First Candle; www.firstcandle.org
- Babies should always be placed to sleep on their backs. Side and tummy sleep positions are not safe.
- Do not fall asleep with a baby in an adult bed or on a sofa. Bring them in bed to breastfeed and bond, but when it’s time to fall asleep, place them alongside your bed in a separate, safe sleep space.
- Do not smoke while you are pregnant and do not expose babies to second-hand smoke after they are born. New research also warns of the dangers of third-hand smoke, the chemicals left behind on clothing, in homes and in cars.
- For sleep, use a safety-approved crib with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet. Portable cribs and play yard style cribs are also a good choice. Place your baby’s separate, safe sleep space alongside where you sleep for at least the first six months.
- Do not place babies to sleep on soft surfaces such as adult beds, waterbeds, sofas, chairs, quilts, and sheepskins.
- Do not use loose blankets in a baby’s crib. Layer clothing or use a wearable blanket or other sleeper clothing to keep baby warm AND safe during sleep.
- Remove all soft bedding and other soft items from the sleep area, including pillows, blankets, quilts, bumper pads and stuffed animals and toys, before placing the baby to sleep.
- Take care not to overheat babies with too much clothing or too warm of room. Keep temperature at what would be comfortable for a lightly clothed adult.
- Use a pacifier at naptime and nighttime for the first year.
Educate everyone you know who cares for babies about these important safety tips!
All LOVE TO DREAM™ Products are INPAA Approved
INPAA, a privately owned & operated organization, is the key representative body in the Australian nursery industry. Its primary objective is to lead the development of safer nursery products & to promote the safe consumer use of products.
*This information is not medical or allied health professional advice. Further, no cure or treatment for disease is offered on this website. LOVE TO DREAM™ recommends you seek professional advice for your's and your child's individual needs.
Download the Safer Sleep Guide here.